Indian students in New Zealand can now secure work visas for spouses

User Profile Image

By admin

Posted on July 11, 2024


2 min read

Whatsapp Facebook LinkedIn

The job rights and regulations for  spouses of students studying in New Zealand have been updated. The modified requirements for spouses of students with visas to be eligible for employment have been incorporated into the revised immigration guidelines. If a person’s spouse is pursuing a higher education degree that is listed on the Green List, such as a level 7 or 8 qualification, they may be eligible for a work visa.

In New Zealand, positions and vocations on the Green List are in demand. If your position is listed and you meet the requirements for registration, experience, or qualifications, you can be eligible for residency either right away or after two years of employment in New Zealand.

You can assist your partner and kids in obtaining a guest visa if you are a student. Additionally, you might be able to assist with your partner’s work visa or your dependent children’s student visas.

Partners of students pursuing level 7 or 8 qualifications listed on the Green List are now eligible to apply for a work visa with flexible terms according to New Zealand immigration laws.

It implies that students holding graduate certificates, diplomas, and bachelor’s degrees at Level 7 or Level 8 and postgraduate certificates, diplomas, and bachelor’s honors degrees at Level 8 will be qualified to assist their spouse in applying for a Partner of a Student Work Visa.

Partner of a Student Work Visa allows you to work in New Zealand if you have a partner who is studying an eligible level 7 or 8 qualification or any level 9 or 10 qualification. Your partner must be studying for one of the eligible qualifications, as listed under ‘Your partner’s visa’. You do not need to have a New Zealand job offer to apply.

Updated on the Green List by New Zealand Immigration are the primary Bachelor’s degrees and Bachelor’s Honours degrees that lead to registration for specific occupations. In place of New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) qualifications, registration is required for these vocations.

Thus, individuals pursuing these registration requirements under a student visa can now assist their partner in applying for a Partner of a Student Work Visa.

Dependent school-age children of partners who are now eligible may be considered as domestic students. To avoid paying tuition for attending school, the children might apply for a Dependent Child Student Visa. As of right now, anyone holding a partner student work visa is covered by this.